For the month of October I am going to be focusing on one major project idea I have. On the side I am also playing around with some new hair colors as well for hair I like but not the color options. If you are wondering, "What is this major project Ady?" Let me tell you!
🐻Emotional Support Teddy🐻
So after making the Garden Therapy Moodlet, I had this idea for "Coping Mechanisms." I thought it would be a cute idea. My problem is, there are so many out there already. Do we REALLY need more buffs?
After some creative fiddling, and some things in my own life, the Emotional Support Teddy came to mind. Sure, the game has the big teddy bear you can hug to feel better, and it does all these little facial expressions. But I didn't really see anything small that your sim could carry around and play with.
Here are some of my ideas. Of course these might change depending on my own limitations and what I learn along the way:
- The teddy bear can be carried in your inventory. When your sim has their emotional support bear with them, they feel comforted.
- When your sim has a negative moodlet, like angry or sad, playing with the teddy can help wash their worries away so they feel happier and safer.
- The bear will be for everyone from toddlers to elders, with slightly different reactions for each age.
- Your sim might go looking for their bear when they're upset.
- Different interactions with the teddy, like hugging and playing.
Ideas are still brewing, and it won't be limited to just a teddy bear. The bear is the start, but I have some other ideas that are more adult-friendly too.
This project will take some time and testing. I'm not going to release it until it works the way I want it to. The mesh is already done, and I'm still working on all the texture options. I want to offer a wide range of looks, from patchwork to knit to soft to old and well-loved. I'll also be putting out polls so you all can weigh in on the options.
🪮 My side project, when I get cross-eyed from coding, is some hair recolors. I was thinking of maybe making some of my own color options that I want from typical to occult. We will see though as this might get pushed out depending on how focused I get on the teddy bear.
So, yeah! This is my idea so far. I have been pushing out a lot of content from all sorts of categories to see what I enjoy the most. Now that I have a pretty good idea I want to slow down a bit and really focus on quality and mechanics. Since I started in May, I have released over 70 individual items (some combined in sets). That is a LOT on top of a full time job and just starting out. I hope this project will make the wait well worth it!
💬 I have also started a Discord server if anyone wants to join just to hang out, chat, and get a look at some WIPs I have been sharing. If you are interested in joining then click HERE.
Happy Simming!
-Ady

0 Comments